Aug 22, 2018
The recent ban of Alex Jones from nearly all the major platforms raises some serious questions. Content drives the UX of companies like YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, but where do they draw the line? In this episode we explore designing the system and the enforcement of content policies that these companies must undertake. We also cover the topics of privacy and customer service looking at examples from Google Maps and MoviePass.
- Infowars, Alex Jones test the limits of free speech on Twitter and beyond
- WordPress removes several alt-right blogs that spread Sandy Hook conspiracies
- Twitter bans Alex Jones, Infowars from tweeting for seven days
- Death to Bullshit
- Google Tracks You Even If Location History's Off. Here's How to Stop It
- MoviePass is un-canceling people’s accounts